CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

OVER THE RAINBOW on Idol

Our house was filled with tears as we watched American Idol tonight. One of the contestants, Jason Castro, sang Over the Rainbow. It was the version by Brother IZ, which is the version that is Gabi's song. It is amazing just how much joy a song can bring to your heart. Megan, Bella's mommy, even called as soon as she heard it! Just like Gabi's signature hair do...Piggies, she has a signature song...Over the Rainbow! So everytime you hear this beautiful song, Remember Gabi...we love you Pink and Squishy!
I would also like to dedicate this song to Angel Jack and Angel Brenlee...Gabi's friends:)

8 comments:

Megan said...

I am so glad you got to see it. I started screaming to everyone in our house to come and watch because Gabi's song was on. Then I was frantically trying to text you but I am a texting idiot!!
Love and Hugs
Megan

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I too, thought of Gabi. I didn't get to see him sing, but at the end when they show a brief part of everyone's performance I heard it. I wish I was able to see the whole thing...sounds like he did an amazing job. Did you vote for him : )!!! Well, I hope all is well. Take care.

Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Thank you Micah, I was thinking of you Gabi, Jack and your family the entire time it was on.

Kristy

Rachel Dominguez said...

I am from Lee's Summit, MO and I have donated to your site. I just wanted to tell you that I too...LOVE...that song "Over The Rainbow" the way Jason Castro sang it last night. I have followed Gabi's story for months and months and anytime I hear that song...that is who I think of. She made that big of an impact on my life that SHE is what I think of and will always think of when I hear "Over the Rainbow". Thank you for sharing her with me!...God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that you were watching it. As soon as I heard the song, I instantly thought of little precious Gabi and Gracie told me "Mom, thats Gabi's song". You were in our thoughts last night.

Love you,
Christy

Rachel Dominguez said...

I am from Lee's Summit, MO.. I wanted to tell you that I too LOVE that song. I have been following Gabi's story for months and months and I must say that I can not and will never hear that song and not think of Gabi. I know she is looking down upon us and smiling that so many people thought of her when Jason Castro sang that song last night... We love you Gabi!!!

Jacquie said...

Jason did a fantastic job on that song! I think the 1st time I heard it was hear?? Did you have it hear? Anyways it was beautiful.

Amy Flege said...

oh yes!!! i think of gabi everytime i hear this version...