CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

14 Days Later...

Gabbers had a great night. The pee pee dance worked...good job Gracie! They made a rate change in her oxygen on the ventilator which is a step in the right direction for weaning. She is no longer getting extra lipids, she is getting more formula...Yeah food! She is getting a calcium supplement for additional nutrition. She did go down on her epi...now she is receiving .04, it's a slight change, but every little bit counts. They completely turned off one of her pain meds. and her anxiety med. So today is a good day, she is on less and hopefully will be waking up more soon. If I notice discomfort she can still have more meds, but she is not getting it like she was...on the drip.

Last night I went home again! It was good, cleaned the house...not really what I wanted to do, but it has to get done. I missed Gabi a ton though. It was harder last night than the night before...I am sure the drinks had nothing to do with that...hahaha!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear Gabi is doing better! Boy did I miss this blog, while we was on vacation! We did what we promised you, we threw coins and made special wishes for Gabi over the Niagara Falls. It was a neat experience to do that for your little angel! Glad to hear you are finally going home and be able to get some rest for yourself. God is looking out for you and your love ones. Take care! The Arnett Family

Anonymous said...

Great news!! All my love to the little one.

Terri

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Gabi is doing better and better as time goes by. That is great news. I understand completely how hard it is to go home, but good for you. The picture you have of Gabi with her head turned on the previous update reminds me so much of Kaden when he was in the hospital the first time. That picture looks almost just like him (minus the ponytail!!!). We continue to pray for you all and hope that you will get to hold her sooner than later. Just a little heads up, Nate and I were able to hold Kaden in the NICU while he was still on the vent. I don't know if there are different circumstances but if your comfortable enough, maybe you can do that. Well, take care and continue those pee pee dances!!!
Nate and Amy

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that Gabi is doing better. I think about you guys all the time, and how strong you have been. It is so amazing to see how strong your faith can make you.I love you guys so much. God bless you!!!
Cliff, Jenny and Conner Caton

Anonymous said...

Just got to check on you kids this morning(Wednesday, I think-when you are on vacation you tend to not know (or care) what day it is) Sounds like all is going well. This family in Little Rock continues the prayers for Gabi.
Dorothy (from Kansas!)