CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 5, 2007

FEED ME...

We are still progressing in the right direction! They are going to decrease the PEP, when she exhale she will still have a little pressure given to her lungs, that will allow more blood flow to her lungs. There will be an increase in her sedation because the little booger just keeps wiggling all over. She definitely has built up a tolerance and they have to keep increasing. Here is today's big news, they are gonna start feeding her formula. Just a little at a time to see how her stomach tolerates it. So I am sure it will feel good to get something she is familiar with...FOOD!!!

Last night when I came in to tell her good night, she was crying...not out loud, she still cannot make noises. It was really hard because all I could do was talk to her. She is so used to Mommy picking her up every time she cries, it broke my heart. Emotionally that has probably been one of the toughest things to except, I cannot hold my baby and comfort her. So I talk to her a lot and sing a lot too! She is my sunshine and even though it's gloomy outside she fills my heart with so much warmth and bright thoughts of her future. The day they say I can hold her I hope no one else expects to get their chance because I don't think I will be able to share!

FYI: For those of you keeping up with her diva style...
Nurse Debbie gave her a cute pastel blanket last night, and a new do...a ponytail! We just love how much Debbie keeps her personality going even through the hardest of times. Thanks Debbie!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what you are trying to say is that we all have to stay away for a few days after you are able to hold her?! Believe me, I understand 100%. When we finally got to bring Zach home, I didn't even let my mother come over for a few days because I just wanted to spend some time alone at home with my little guy. Poor Mom, she had even taken vacation days from work to help me!! Just put your food order in and I'll deliver ;) Stay strong and we'll keep praying that God gets you through this soon.

Aunt GiGi

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so excited that Gabi is doing better;-) You are such a strong mommy and woman. Micah, I am so proud of you and all your courage. Remember...

"the measure of a man (or woman) is not where he (or she) stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

love you,

erica

Anonymous said...

I am truly happy for you guys. Soon this will all be a distant memory and you will be at home with your little angel. Holding her is just moments away :-) Enjoy.