CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Open Arms....

We apologize for not having an update on Ms. Gabers until today...things have been pretty calm. It is a difficult situation at this point because we can see the finish line and just want to sprint as hard as we can to get there. However, we need to continue to pace ourselves to ensure we don't go backwards.

Her catheter for her urine has been removed so that is a plus. They have dropped her ventilator down to 8, the reason this is important is because some doctors will actually go ahead and remove the ventilator once it hits that point since she is doing most of the breathing on her own anyways. It is really tough for us because they have to keep her awake so she can do more on her own. Well being more awake she notices the tube more and continues to gag on it. She has vomited a few times so we really want it out. They are also changing her diet a little to see if that helps. She has a little bit of a fever today, but they don't seem to be concerned about it.

Nurse Zabrina has spoiled mommy, me, and especially Ms. Gabers. They moved Gabi to her new room on Friday and Zabrina let Mommy and me hold her before they moved her. Yes, mommy cried, it was awesome to see baby girl back in her mommies arms. I'm sure mommy will be putting pictures of the event here on the blog very soon. I have to admit I was a little reluctant to hold her with all the tubes and wires in her still but I'm so glad I did. Having baby girl back in my arms close enough to snuggle with was a great feeling. Gracie also got to help hold her and climb up in her her crib with her. Even nurse Zabrina noticed that Gabi calmed down once she recognized that sissy was in bed with her...those pictures will soon follow also.

Thank you again for leaving the comments they really do help us get through this to see that all of you are still following along with us. I'm sure most of you will continue to do so until the day she comes home...so thank you so much for staying with us.

Love,
Jason, Micah, Gracie, and Gabi

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update! It is exciting to hear of the progress that Gabi is making. For mommie, daddy and sissy to get to hold her must have been an exciting time. We look forward to having the same experience in a few days. Keep looking up and we will keep praying for continued good reports. Love you a lot. Grandma & PaPa

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you guys FINALLY got to hold your precious little baby girl. Its so good to hear her wonderful progress. You won't have to wait too much longer it sounds like. I can't wait to see pictures. Love ya! Christy

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is sooooo AWESOME you finally got to hold your baby angel! You made me cry, Jason!! LOL Wow guys! She is getting better and healthier everyday. Let me tell you, the Power of Prayers sure does work. I have passed this on to many, many, many of my clients. In fact, I was writing it down so much I made a flyer with all of Gabi's info and have been given them out. So there are lots of people out there praying for you, The Acker Family! So good to hear that you are doing things for yourselves and getting out. You will need to be all rested and ready for Gabi when she get's home, which will be very soon! Take care and God Bless! The Arnett's

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you two were able to hold Gabi, I am sure she enjoyed it ever bit that you all did. Gabi sure is lucky to have such a great big sister to sit in the crib with. That was really sweet of your nurse to do such a special thing. I am so glad that Gabi continues to take steps forward (prayer really does work!!!). Hang in there, it seems like the end of your stay will be ending soon!!! Have a great night, we will be thinking and praying for you all.
Good night...Nate and Amy

Pam said...

Hi there! I found your blog from Carey, Chelsea's mommy. I just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers.

My little guy Rhett had OHS at 4 months and we had a ton of complications. We spent about a month in our children's hospital. I know how hard it can be.

I will keep Gabriele close to my heart.

Anonymous said...

That is such great news. Keep staying positive and she will be home in no time. Still thinking and praying for you everyday!!

Love --Jen

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all got to hold Gabi. That must have been an awesome feeling after all this time.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Gabi, and THANK YOU, JESUS, on your move to your new room! Our prayers keep getting answered! How happy we were to hear you were able to hold your little angel. That's another THANK YOU, JESUS! With love to you all......Uncle Vince & Aunt Kay......XOXOXOXO